Saturday, August 29, 2009


The Story of the Pocket Inn…

My favorite spot to be… is in Bryson’s pocket. For those of you unaware of where the
“pocket” is located please see the picture to the left…

Please be advised that this picture is deceiving. Although I am holding a knife to the said “pocket” it is undoubtedly my favorite place to be.

One night Bryson and I are lying in bed (roughly 3am) when I am suddenly overcome with the need to snuggle in his pocket. I nudged him, expecting him to roll over and pull me into my favorite spot. Much to my dismay he rolled over and unconsciously said “the pocket inn is closed for renovations”.

Needless to say I was unpleased by this news and further proceeded to take what I felt was rightfully mine. I protested with “I demand to speak to the manager” to which he replied “the manager is unavailable come back tomorrow”.

Shocking blow.

Upon recounting this little saga to Bryson the next morning, he commented that he barely remembered the conversation he just remembers sweating from the lack of fan in our bedroom.

For those of you who know us well…Bryson is a polar bear. Our house is never above 70 degrees (even in the winter) and while I am shivering in my fluffy socks and multiple blankets, while sipping my hot coco, he is lounging on his side of the bed without sheets, cold glass of sparkling cider in hand. Thus presents my need for time in his pocket.

This story has become the topic of many conversations and the foundation of much laughter.

And this is the story of the pocket inn.

7 comments:

  1. YA YA YA!!! KATIE YOU DID IT!! I am so glad that you have a blog now.. It looks fabulous, welcome to blog world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Too funny! I too am a fan of the "pocket", sometimes a girl just needs to nuzzle up to her man and be cuddled. Glen is the king of having conversations in his sleep, it kills me! In fact, I'm starting to think it's a talent, or just a cover up/polite way of saying, "leave me alone, I'm tired." Anyway, I love you and your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome!!! we will most definitely have to swap even more delicious recipes now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blog world! Lovin' the post! Sorry you were denied what was rightly yours after the exchanging of rings ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. like everyone else says welcome. Hope your doing good!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Pocket Inn!! That is perfect! I love it. and that is a seriously hilarious story. I appreciate people who are able to be really sweet and witty in the middle of the night, as I usually am the one holding the knife if I am awakened. Yay!! I am so happy for the new blog!!

    ReplyDelete