Saturday, March 12, 2011

Back in Business

A long hiatus was needed for some serious remodeling. Here is an extremely brief recap what you missed during the remodel…

This girl…



1. Had a perfect life changing experience
2. Celebrated the return of Justin Nelson from his mission and shortly thereafter, his marriage to Tiffani Nelson
3. Celebrated Christmas with a family trip to Disneyland
4. Moved back to Phoenix, Arizona
5. Fell in love with B.A.D. Bingo and Justin Bieber

This guy…



1. Interviewed with some big investment banking firms in New York City (fingers crossed for the awaited outcome)
2. Learned to master the art of Asian Pork Buns and navigating around the sketchy markets in which the ingredients are found
3. Got some new suits
4. Graduated from BYU and began studying for the dreaded GMAT exam
5. Fell in love with Duck Fat and re fell in love with the Lord of the Rings movies

In other news…I have deemed this year “The Year of the Craft”. I have been crafting like crazy! Nothing like my glam friend Catlin Nord and her ridiculously amazing projects, which can be seen at catlinnord.blogspot.com but nonetheless I am attempting to make 1 creation per week. So far I love the results! Pictures to come…

In embarrassing/amazing news…

I love awkward moments. More than I can possibly express. I love them so much that sometimes I become the subject of them. I have to accept this reality and know that it is for my own good. One such awkward moment occurred the other day at work. The following details my saga:

Today I began my workday at 9:00am sharp. The sky was blue, my computer was high functioning and I had a cold cherry coke zero in hand. I was extremely focused today, processing more leads than you would believe. I was feeling on top of the world. Enter 2:30pm. My meetings come to an end and my productivity takes a slight dive. I got up, stretched my legs, found my head phones, and proceeded to have an intense jam session. For 3 full hours I listened to the dazzling delights of Usher, James Taylor, R Kelly, Third Eye Blind, and the always awesome Justin Bieber. For those 3 hours I was at my desk jamming in silence. And then something happened that there are almost no words for…

You know when you are in your car, belting a catchy tune at the top of your lungs, unaware of anyone in neighboring cars that might be glancing your direction? Well this happened to me…at work. Let me further explain. 5:30pm…the jam was “Dynamite” by Taio Cruz…the setting was in my cubicle, in the center of the office, at work. I am singing along in my head to this catchy tune when all of the sudden I hear myself sing…out loud…”I’m wearing all my favorite brands, brands, brands, brands”….I stopped dead in my tracks…I started breathing heavily…I looked down, closed my eyes and prayed that when I looked up, no one would be looking at me…one…two…three…15 people standing up at their own cubicles looking at me…laughing and smiling. How do I recover smoothly from this flub?



“Ha…Taio Cruz…he will get ya…” (insert subtle awkward laugh) Great…I’m that girl in the office.

I hope you enjoyed your stay. It’s good to have you with us, even if it’s just for the day.

5 comments:

  1. Good to see a new post! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey doll! I'm a little sad I'm not a guest at your Inn haha.

    So as far as your year of crafts, can I please join in on this one. I'm obsessed with them, and would like to join this little endeavor. :)

    I love you friend and I am so grateful we have reconnected. I miss Hannah so much, but I know that she is so happy that I finally let someone help me through this and know and trust that they will be there when the dust settles. And I know she is even happier that, that person is you. She cared for you so much and looked up to you in so many ways.

    Lets get together this week or early next week, and take pictures or do crafts, or whatever. I'm going through Katie withdraws haha. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed you!!!!! Happy you're back. I need those Asian recipes pleaaaaase ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray!! I am so excited you're back in biz. I've missed you and I love that you are a crafter! I had no idea. I'm down with the crafting myself. Can't wait to see your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CC reads your blog too...he thinks you are a 'cool cat'! I think that man knows what he is talking about because I ADORE you! Loves and hugs!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete