Tuesday, March 29, 2011

In Room Entertainment...

So a few months ago Bryson and I moved back to the great state of Arizona. We packed away all of our belonging, barring some clothes, DVD’s, and kitchen stuff…you know the essentials. The rest we safely packed away into a storage unit. So one day I tenderly say to Bryson “Will you please run to the storage unit and grab my medical records” he replies with “yeah sure” so imagine my surprise when I get home to find that in lieu of medical records he has decided to bring home our giant living room T.V., which he has set up in our bedroom on our dresser. Enter shock. I feel like the T.V. is this big compared to me:



The following conversation goes down:

Katie: “Uhm wow, that is…huge. What in the world did you bring that home for?”

Bryson: “Well I don’t want it to just sit there and plus we can watch movies and stuff”.

I laughed to myself and thought, what the heck I like movies as much as the next person right? Wrong. Enter part two of the story…

So I am lying in bed, peacefully drifting off to sleep, ready to start one of my phenomenal dreams when all of the sudden I feel the gleaming light of what looks like a semi truck come into my vision. I roll over to find that the precious little television set on….blaring its white death lights into my room. The following conversation goes down:

Katie: “Bryson…no”

Bryson: “What?”

Katie: “What? What do you mean what? That T.V. is mind bogglingly bright”

Bryson: “Oh Katie, no way just close your eyes, you won’t even notice it”

Katie: “I won’t notice it? That thing is massive and is burning as bright as the sun”

So I roll over, eventually fall asleep, and that is my life every single night since this blessed little piece of technology found itself on our dresser. Enter part three of the story…

So after a month of this bright T.V. nonsense my brain adapted and I have been fortunate enough to sleep through it. However the other night I was perplexed by what I saw. It was approx 2:00am, I roll over to quench my crazy thirst for water, and out of the corner of my eye I see Bryson…standing 2 inches from the T.V. The following conversation ensues:

Katie: “What in the hell…”

Bryson: “Don’t worry about it just go back to bed”

Katie: “Go back to bed? What are you doing?”

Bryson: (long pause) “Watching Wall Street”

Katie: “Uhm okay I can see that, that is no mystery to me, however the weird part and call me crazy, is that you are standing 2 inches from the T.V. oh and that you have watched wall street the last three nights in a row”

Bryson: “Oh…yeah I’m just trying to look at the dress clothes”

Katie: “…………………………………..”

Bryson: “What? They have the sickest dress clothes…”

Katie: “haha….. Just come to bed”

Bryson: “I can’t, I have to see this tie (enter him pushing pause and then play 100 times)”

And that my friends was my evening. I spent it alone in bed while my husband scouted dress clothes from a movie, on our giant T.V. that projects images as bright as the sun’s rays. In Wall Street Money Never Sleeps....and apparently neither does Bryson...or me for that matter.



Classic and completely perfect and cute.

I hope you enjoyed your stay. It’s good to have you with us, even if it’s just for the day.

9 comments:

  1. Did you ever expect anything less from Bryson? When are we going to hang out with you guys?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahaha!!!! Oh my gosh the funniest part is every comment of yours is so you lol. "Bryson... No" haha. I love you guys so much and the way you balance each other out in the cutest ways. Best couple with the best stories ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited I can now read your hilariousness. Love this story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I have a feeling you have more stories like this... that you arent bloggin... I think you should....write themm love this story...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha bry he was obviously trying to figure out how to enter the tv itself so he could finally become part of wallstreet .. love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahahah you are such a trooper!!! i love you katie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha!!!! Oh man.....that is gigantic!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The best part about this, that I will have you all know, is that Katie bought Wall Street for Bryson for Christmas BUT she bought two copies of it. One so that he could start watching it immediately and another to put in his stocking for Christmas which was just days away. Good thing too...beacuse at the rate he is watching it he will probably wear out DVD #1 and need to switch over to the stocking stuffer copy. Love you two hilarious peeps!

    ReplyDelete