Three Weeks Before the incident…the following conversation takes place:
Our friend Corey: “One time I watched all three of the Lord of the Rings movies in one day”
Bryson: “That is like my dream day”
Katie: “…………….” “………….what?”
Bryson: “Yeah that would be awesome”
Katie: “Bryson…no.”
Bryson: “Come on, that would be epic”
Katie: “Bryson that sounds like the worst day of life”
Bryson: “No way!”
Present Day: 10:30pm. I was simply exhausted from a jam packed day. So exhausted in fact that at 10:30pm I laid my little head down on my pillow and was out. I mean really, I was peacefully dreaming one of my cinematic, complete with music might I add, dreams. Enter 3:00am…Enter Bryson...Enter death ray television…Enter a blaring epic battle over middle earth. That’s right ladies and gentleman, distinguished guests, and visitors…Bryson was watching the Lord of the Rings….for the third, yes the third night in a row, he was trying to make his dream day come true during the course of three nights. The following conversation takes place.
Katie: “Bryson…..”
Bryson: “Katie, don’t worry about it just go back to bed”
Katie: “Bryson tell me that you are not watching the Lord of the Rings again, it is literally blinding and quite frankly outrageously distracting to have the battle for middle earth happening at my feet”
Bryson: “………………………”
Katie: “….and with subtitles…what is the point of having the subtitles on?”
Bryson: “What? Just roll over and go back to sleep”
Katie: “Seriously, why in the world at 3:00am are you watching this movie with subtitles?”
Bryson: “I like detail and to know exactly what is going on”
Katie: “Bryson let me break this down for you, a little hobbit get a magical ring, a wizard guides them on their journey, they meet a little ugly creature that tries to jack the ring, they walk through a desert, fight grips of people, they get to the volcano, throw the ring in and poof that’s the movie”
Bryson: “I am insulted by your description, that is ridiculous”
Katie: “What could I have possibly missed?”
Bryson: “Uhm the deeper rooted meaning behind it about being small but being able to accomplish great things like that part when …. (enter multiple examples of small hobbits doing epic things). See! Oh and like your favorite movies teach such awesome things…”
Katie: “Take it back!”
Bryson: “No way, like Meet Joe Black… death comes, falls in love, and then dips”
Katie: “I am offended by your arrogance sir”
Bryson: “Well I am offended by your stinky breath”
Katie: (slightly enraged) “I’m doing a liver and kidney detox you brat! Whatever watch your movie. I forgive you for that hurtful comment. Goodnight.”
Bryson: “……………..(long silent pause) Okay, goodnight”
And just like that, just like that I was defeated! In my own home, and in my own bed no less. He knew that the epic battle was practically real life, due to the enormity of our television, and that I couldn’t sleep and he knew that my breath may have not been pleasant because of my detox, but he also knows that when I am tired I am way too lazy to do anything about any of it. He was like a child who out smarts his parents by utilizing silence.
Bryson 2 Katie 0. And so the epic battle continues...

I hope you enjoyed your stay, it’s good to have you with us, even if it’s just for the day.
o.m.geeeeeeeeee.
ReplyDeletei laughed so hard with this post and the previous one too.
holy crap- these are perfect.
love you too.
wanna do a photo shoot in an aquarium soon?
with your well dressed man?
it'll be a fun little project for a girl like me.
bahahahah. Bryson the hobbit. hahahaha.
ReplyDeletehahahaha best stories ever. I think you need a post about our awesome friday night... Oh the stories that unfold with those boys. I love that I could hear this story in person... magnified by all your expressions. :)
ReplyDeletesubtitles. for more detail. hahahah i love that he relates it to real life. you two are so funny!
ReplyDeleteBryson: “I like detail and to know exactly what is going on”
ReplyDeletehaha...so has part three happened... please whip out a video camera ext time...
hahaha you guys kill me. i love your stories!
ReplyDelete